Oct 23, 2018
On this podcast episode, Heather welcomes Joe Kwon on the show
to discuss his leadership style, a time when he was not the best
version of himself and some of his key principles in life.
- While we can learn different body language or communication
techniques, it is more important to connect with people deeply
beforehand for those techniques to take hold
- Sometimes, in order to take the fight out of someone, don’t
fight back. Allow them to vent and be heard
- Often, once we allow people to voice concerns on one topic,
their actual concerns reveal themselves.
- Ego can be good as a leader. The issue is whether the ego is
focused just on “me” or on “we” as well
- Acknowledge your people in a sincere way without needing or
wanting anything from them
- You can accomplish amazing things by changing yourself