Oct 20, 2020
In this episode, Heather speaks with Mario Harding, Associate
Chief Operating Officer at Denver Health, about the origins of his
leadership style leading him to success as a humble leader. Mario
relays a story where he was not present for his team at a time when
they needed him. He sheds light on important qualities of a leader:
vulnerability, being present, taking care of yourself first,
balance, putting yourself out there for your team, giving yourself
grace, strong support network.
Heather and Mario discuss how to reconcile personal drive with
true care, and the sacrifices necessary in leadership not only to
care for others, but to care for yourself better as a leader.
Delegation can be key to improving yourself as a leader, by
allowing you to be more present, and providing others with
opportunities to grow.
- Don't let your circumstances define what you can do.
- Take care of yourself and balance priority projects.
- As a leader, always be present, especially during tough
- Be a vulnerable leader and put yourself out there.
- Being a leader means giving yourself grace.
- Ask yourself as a leader, "What can I let go?"
- Delegation can be seen as giving a gift to someone
- Hear from other leaders, let their stories lift you out of