Nov 19, 2019
In this podcast, Heather spoke with Lon Southerland, Managing Director of Ion Biome at Saraphic Group, Inc., about his long history of leading for organizations like Marriott, Starbucks and 7-Eleven and how all of that informed his current leadership filter. Heather and Lon discuss some great leadership learnings on his part, and one piece of advice his coworker gave him early on his career.
1. Leaders must be effective in working with and through others to get more done
2. Don’t forget where you came from
3. Stay connected with your team
4. The ones who are closest to the customer and the employees can move the business forward most efficiently.
5. Know that most people enter into a room with the best intentions. Seek the truth of the matter in every instance.