Sep 4, 2018
In this podcast episode, Heather R. Younger, podcast host,
speaks with Chief Ray Aguirre of the California State
University-Fullerton campus about his leadership journey, what
drives him to lead and very practical, yet impactful ways, he
connects with his team and builds trust.
- Leaving a legacy doesn’t mean that we are forcing the fact that
we are known for something once we are gone, but that the way we
live our lives and display professionalism and compassion at work
leaves its own impact.
- We can learn just as much from bad leaders as we can good
- Leaders need their people to know that they are prepared to get
in the trenches with them and that they have been there.
- Leaders of organizations must take a macro view to understand
all that is going on inside and outside of their
- Leaders seek out mentors to help them get stronger.
- Leaders should take the time to connect on the personal lives
of their people.
- It’s the little things that endear your people to you.
Don’t miss listening to the rich conversation Heather has with
the Chief and some powerful tactical tips he leave us with.